Younger generation are now making money online in various ways. Their success stories are often seen in various newspaper or magazines. After reading that success story, maybe you are also looking for the answer, “how to earn money online by freelancing”. Today I will try to discuss few things about this matter in this article.
- How To Earn Money Online By Freelancing?
- Top Freelance Websites You Can Choose To Start Freelancing Career
- Why do you choose Fiverr to start your freelancing career?
- What kind of work can be done on different freelancing sites?
- How to start working as Freelancer?
- What do you need to learn to do freelancing work?
The largest marketplace for professionals specializing in information and technology based work online is the various online freelancing websites created for freelancer professionals.
What does freelancer mean?
Freelancer or freelance worker, are terms commonly used for a person who is self-employed and not necessarily committed to a particular employer. They usually get registered themselves on various job listing websites or marketplace in order to get the online work order or contract basis job and receive a fee for resolving the work within the time-frame assigned to contract employers.
Working on a contract basis online job is now a well-known profession.
The advantage of this kind of work is that according to the skill, different types of work can be done staying at home.
The world’s largest companies are working with freelancers through outsourcing projects.
In addition, many people from outside the world can get quality work done for their personal needs at a relatively low cost by contacting freelancers through online freelancing websites.
How To Earn Money Online By Freelancing?
Freelancers are usually paid according to hourly work rates.
If you can successfully complete the work of the employer at the right time with honesty and professionalism, you can definitely earn a lot of money in freelancing work.
The matter needs to be explained a little clearer.
Generally, an outsource-rs does not place or order work above $5 per hour for a new or lesser known person or group member in the freelancing world.
If you are a new freelancer, you need to make an offer for the employer to get the job done at or below this rate.
All you have to do is find a job or work listing on a freelance marketplace which you can do.
Read a job description carefully before apply. Make it sure that you can get the job done within the scheduled time allotted by the job publisher?
If you think it’s possible by you then bid for that job by setting a minimum hourly rate.
There is no guarantee that you will get the job if you bid.
That is why a new freelancer has to be patient and apply for different work order according to his qualifications and skills.
If you try this way with patience, then hopefully one day you will be noticed by someone and hired you according to their requirements. How much money you can earn by doing freelance work will then depend entirely on your work skills, talent, creativity, ability to do the job on time, etc.
If you look in the context of our Bangladesh, you will see that there are many thousands of freelancers who are earning thousands of dollar a month just by freelancing.
If you look a little deep, you will understand that their ability to earn this amount was not created in one day.
After working tirelessly for a long time, they have now reached a point where they are now getting a lot of work despite being offered $100 an hour for each job.
Top Freelance Websites You Can Choose To Start Freelancing Career
Below are the addresses of some of the most popular freelancing sites in the world.
1. Upwork – www.upwork.com
2. Fiverr – www.fiverr.com
3. Freelancer.com – www.freelancer.com
4. People Per Hour – www.peopleperhour.com
5. 99 Designs – www.99designs.com
6. Guru.com – www.guru.com
The Best Freelance Websites for Beginners
Recommendation: Fiverr for beginners.
Why do you choose Fiverr to start your freelancing career?
Fiverr allowing freelancers to advertise their skills and specify the jobs they are looking for. The recruiters then search the freelancers from category based work seekers and decide who they want to hire. This structure makes Fiverr more suitable for beginner or entry level freelancer like logo and graphic designer.
So, as a beginner it’s a good move to start with small jobs at first. Fiverr gives you the opportunity to show your inner creativity and work skill at first to attract recruiters. Use it and start with small work in order to grow your identity and then gradually start promoting big ideas. You can’t use this facility on other freelancing marketplace like Upwork.
What kind of work can be done on different freelancing sites?
Freelancers usually make money from popular freelancing sites by working according to the following categories.
- Web design and development services
- WordPress Web Development
- WordPress Theme Development and Customization
- Plugin Development and Customization
- Website redesign and maintenance
- Template or theme design or customization
- Graphics design or logo design
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or Premier
- Microsoft Office
- Content Writing or Article Writing
- Translate the language
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Ad Service Optimization or Google AdSense Optimization
- Ad Making
- Website monetization
- Affiliate Marketing and Management for Client Sites
- Search engine optimization or SEO
- Android Application Development
- Software development
- Web application development
- UX design
- UI design
- Data entry
- Digital marketing
- Audio and video editing
- Making animation film or documentary
- Create PowerPoint presentations
- Website or product reviews, etc.
You can read the relevant article –
How to start working as Freelancer?
Do you still confused on how to start working as a freelancer and how to earn money online by freelancing?
At first, you have to select a topic.
Then, you will complete the necessary education in your chosen subject, whether it is private or institutional education.
Thus freelancing work does not require the presentation of a institutional educational qualification certificate.
However, if you completed your ICT based education from a quality educational institute and can show proper practice or internship credentials; it will benefit in various ways in developing your freelancing career.
In this case, you have to add the information of education life and the certificate credentials in your profile.
I don’t have any working experience on desired work area or I don’t have any certificate, how can I get freelancing job?
If you didn’t have the skills or knowledge on the specific subject you want to get work order as a freelancer, then learn it.
If you do not have good information and technology based educational institution in your area, you will find an educational website like Udemy; rich in academic course and tutorials based on every topic which have the demand on freelancing site online.
From there, try to grow your skills by joining online courses and learn from the professional’s of your chosen subject. The best part of this online learning method is, you can practice your learned materials staying at home.
That means, your success will depend entirely on your ability to work. Remember, the freelancing marketplace is the place where the best professionals in the world works.
So if you want to get a job there or be successful, your preparation must be of the highest quality.
What do you need to learn to do freelancing work?
For example, if you want to work on web design and development, you need to be well versed in the related programming languages such as HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL or Maria DB.
Learn more about various web designing software such as Adobe Dreamweaver, content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc. Development or customization.
Also, need to know some other related issues like theme customization, plugin development and some basics of graphics designing.
Then do a little research in the online marketplaces.
For those who have been working for a long time, take a good look at their profile page. View their profile and arrange your profile page like theirs.
Must be a little proficient in English. Not that you have to acquire the skills to speak fluent English with ease.
You need to know or understand at least, what to do by reading job post when you see it on freelancing site. And how to speak with the client regarding job work proposal?
How to apply to work on a freelancing site?
Once you have completed your initial preparation for working on various freelancing sites; you need to bid to get a job that is possible for you from the job post published on your chosen topic.
When bidding for a job in the first place, you must try to keep your hourly work rate as low as possible and give details about how and in what time you can complete the work.
You will also need to complete your cover letter and submit it for consideration in a few words about why you are qualified to do that job.
How to get money after completing the work on the freelancing site?
The employer person or organization will not pay you directly after you have completed and submitted the work to the employer.
Instead, they will pay the contract money to the freelancing site you have registered and bid for.
The freelancing site will then deduct their fees and pay you the rest via PayPal, Payoneer or bank transfer.
If you want to know more about how to earn money online by freelancing, then feel free to use comments form to ask your question. Hopefully, you can get a quick reply.
One last request!
If you like reading this article, please share it whenever you want including social media, blogs or messaging apps, etc. and help us to make our efforts successful.
It will not expense your long time. But your small contribution will go a long way in helping us to build successful online startups aiming to help each and every individual to get financial freedom.
- What is the Importance of Learning WordPress for Make Money Online?WordPress is one of the most popular web application software which keeps an apprentice web developers get interested as soon as he steps into the mainstream world of web designing marketplace. Naturally they want to know at first, “What is WordPress and what is the importance of learning WordPress for make money online?” If you …
- Best Free WordPress Plugins You Can Use To Build A Dynamic Blog in 2020Creating a website with WordPress is not a difficult task to do. Anyone on the planet who has a bit of knowledge about writing in web based applications will be able to do this very easily. Adding some plugins can add interesting features or benefits to a WordPress site. Today I will discuss the most …
- What is Blog? How to Start A Blog for Free and Make Money?Want to start a blog for free and make money online? Here on this article, you can find few exclusive tips regarding this matter. But, before we move to the main topic let’s find out about the definition of Blog. If you enjoy this article; helped a little bit to solve your query, please consider …
- How to Earn Money From Home Blogging with WordPressThis is my first article based on WordPress. I try to answer here, the most demanding and arguable question of the blog world, “How to Earn Money From Home Blogging with WordPress in 2020”. I tried my best to figure out the real ways to make money from home without a single dollar extra investment …
- Why Start A Blog? 12 Reasons to Start A Blog Today in 2020There is everyone something of the creative instinct. It is natural with the child to play with the colored pencils and paint little picture in water colors, and then when it learns to read and write, to write little verses and little stories. Since at first sight it seems easier to write than to paint, …
Subscribe To Our Newsletter