The Flutter 2 native UI toolkit now has production-quality web support, and Dart 2.12 now has sound null protection. This month, Google updated its Flutter UI toolkit and companion Dart language, with Flutter 2 shifting web support from beta to stable and Dart 2.12 adding null protection.
Flutter, an open-source UI toolkit for creating natively compiled applications for a variety of operating systems and form factors, now supports the internet.
Three scenarios, according to Google, are important for Flutter site support: PWAs (progressive mobile apps) combine web and desktop app functionality. Apps that are just one-page long. Adding online support to existing Flutter smartphone applications.
The Canvaskit-powered rendering engine developed with WebAssembly is also part of the web help. Text autofill, power over address bar URLs, and routing, as well as PWA manifests, have all been introduced in recent months. Interactive scroll bars and keyboard shortcuts have been added to desktop browsers.
Flutter2, which was released on March 3 under an early release flag, also adds desktop support. The update includes enhancements to text editing and mouse input, as well as a built-in context menu for the Material and Cupertino design languages’ TextField and TextForm widgets.
Flutter supports native platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
The basic installation instructions for Flutter can be found at flutter.dev. Whereas Flutter 2 has a range of other enhancements. The Google Mobile Ads SDK for Flutter now has a plug-in that supports inline banner and native ads.
This feature is currently in beta. State restoration for iOS, allowing you to create an IPA from the command line without having to use the Xcode toolset.
Widgets for AutocompleteCore and ScaffoldMessenger, which are used to integrate autocomplete features into apps.
The cost of generating additional Flutter engines in static memory has been reduced. To clean up obsolete APIs in a codebase, Flutter Fix blends a Dart command-line tool with improvements suggested by the Dart analyzer.
DevTools has also been renamed Flutter DevTools and it has been upgraded to production standard. The Flutter extension for Visual Studio Code and the Flutter plug-in for JetBrains IntelliJ IDEs have also been modified. The IntelliJ plug-in introduces a unique project wizard, while the Visual Studio Code extension introduces testing improvements.
Flutter 2 has been supported by the DartPad tool for the Dart language.
Dart2.12, which was also released on March 3, is included in Flutter 2. Stable sound null protection and Dart: FFI is two additional innovations in Dart 2.12. (foreign function interface). Null protection protects developers from null errors, which can be difficult to detect, and improves the form system.
FFI is an interoperability mechanism that allows you to call existing C code, such as Windows Win32 APIs. Dart SDK is available for free download at dart.dev.
Editors’ Picks –
- Google Meet – A simple, Yet Mesmerizing ProductHow many of you knew there was a video conferencing app built by Google before the lock-down? Yeah, I’m talking about Google Meet, previously known as Hangout Meet. Google launched Meet way back in 2017, and this video conferencing program only allowed 30 participants back then.
- Top 5 Freelancers and Bloggers in BangladeshIn this modern world, Freelancing is taking the youths by storm. In the 21st century, freelancing is a great and innovative way to start earning just by sitting at home. They say, “never do any work for free if you are good at it” and by freelancing you can make those words come true.
- Top 5 Food Vloggers in BangladeshFood vlogging in Bangladesh can be considered as one of the most growing industries in the YouTube sector. In the last 5-6 years, the food industry of Bangladesh has grown the most, and thanks to all the food vloggers and reviewers on different social media.
- Bitcoin: Some basic things in modern times you need to knowCryptocurrency and Bitcoin are two terms that most of us have heard. We, especially people in this country, know the terms but don’t precisely know in-depth about them. There was a time I thought that it was just a buzz and nothing more than that but boy o boy! You can’t just ignore the bitcoin …
- The Pros and Cons of Bitcoin; Some Stories You Need to KnowDo you know what is bitcoin? At this point, you have to know the basic things about cryptocurrency and bitcoin. We live in the e-world, and no matter what is our field of expertise, we have to learn more or less about every tech-related topic. Cryptocurrency is digital money that doesn’t involve any middleman. Bitcoin …