In the last article, I talked about how to get traffic on your blog site, but you have to know about keyword research and its tool. Many young people in Bangladesh know how these terms work, but it is really important to know that before you start your content writing career.
Well, keyword research is the process that helps bloggers to research popular terms which people type into Google and later put those terms cleverly into their blogs so that their blogs appear higher in the search engine result.
Keyword research and SEO are connected because it is a crucial activity in the marketing field of search engines. Like bloggers, marketers can also learn the phrases they need to use by researching that specific market and later figure out more about the consumers.
Thanks to this strategy, marketers can also understand the changing pattern in demand and act according to it. So, you can understand how much less work they have to do to figure out consumers and their demands. In terms of writers, it is easy to seek organizations to write and use the popular words that can get the traffic.
Keyword research can help you find three important things to push you to start your journey.
1. People are searching for a lot of things on Google. It will give you the results of the popular ones.
2. The exact number of the people who are searching,
3. In what form do they like to have that information.
Now, what you will do with that information is up to you, and I think you already know that.
When did SEO and Keyword Research begin?
Let’s move back to the past, shall we? Do you guys know Sergey Brin and Larry Page? Well, they were the ones who co-founded the most famous search engine.
But many disagreed with it and said that the journey of search engines primarily started in 1991 when the first website was published.
Or maybe, it officially came in the year 1997. The writer of ‘Digital Engagement’ Bob Heyman stated a band named ‘Jefferson Starship’ whose manager came up with the term “Search Engine Optimization” during a conversation.
People could be thankful to him for that. And if you start digging, you will find out that Multimedia Marketing Group’s John Audette used the SEO term early February in 1997.
During that time, Yahoo Directory was one of the biggest players in Yahoo search, and people started using this concept, but still, it was a new one back then. If only they knew, this would become a life direction for many marketers, content creators and companies.
After that, SEO started performing keyword research to figure out the algorithms from 2004-05. But that was a basic process, and keyword research has evolved and changed a lot since then.
At present, a search engine whose process occurs around Google prefers high-quality content aligned with search intent when it ranks in order (According to quality).
Even several years ago, keyword density used to be the most crucial part of SEO. Keyword density refers to how many times you use a keyword while writing your blog.
Currently, it isn’t an important part of SEO anymore. Keyword research tactics have drastically changed over the years and adapting with the change of search engines’ algorithms.
Best Keyword Research Tools You Need To Know
Mangools is a developer who is famous for creating several best keyword research tools, and they were the ones who designed KWFinder. They have a beginner guide, and you can see it before getting started. This tool makes it easier for bloggers to find keywords having less SEO complexity compare to other tools.
There are some features like –
- It can help you discover keywords in any language target, which is good for Bangladesh and other South Asian countries.
- This is one of the few tools which can give you exact numbers of keyword competition.
- Less complex to navigate user interface compared to other tools.
- Getting in-detailed SERP overview, including other suggestions.
- There is a filtering option that can help you clear the keyword recommendation list.
Let’s look at the pricing of KWFinder
- $30/BDT 2557 for basic, e.g., small businesses and freelancers.
- $40/BDT 3409 for premium, e.g., blogs and new startups.
- $80/BDT 6818 for agencies, e.g., large budgeted sites and e-commerce.
It seems affordable to use basic and premium if you have a decent amount and calculated cost-benefit analysis. Still, it looks like too much for the agency package. Then again, if e-commerce is getting benefited from it, then why not invest in it?
Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner is a free and easily manageable keyword research tool in the Google Ads suite, one of the best free features of Google Ads. The primary features of GKP didn’t change much since it started its journey in 2013, but in 2018, it upgraded with the redesign of google tools.
As it is free, it is used by many Bangladeshi young bloggers, and it gives accurate results.
If you are not a pro, you have to learn first how to activate your GKP. You have to activate your Google Ads account and to do that; you will have to have a Gmail account and then click the option “Tools,” which is at the top corner of the right side.
The basic features are –
- It gets the data directly from Google’s search engine, so it gives accurate keyword data.
- This tool can discover commercial keywords by processing “top of page” different bid ranges, useful for marketers.
- Besides bloggers, business owners can easily get business-related keywords by using this tool, which is suitable for business websites.
Majestic is an SEO software that helps you figure out which other websites link your blog sites; basically, its primary focus is on backlinks, unlike other keyword research tools like Ahrefs or SEMrush. Most of the reviewers claim that it is one of the best backlink checkers.
The primary features are –
- The flow metrics of Majestic let users analyze the quality and quantity of the sites before any link-building outreach.
- One of the best features is notifying the users about the potential link opportunities. The tool instantly mentions potential domains or names of the brand which users didn’t link yet.
- Two different link indexes exist in this software.
The Historical Index: It automatically refreshes itself monthly. This index can cause tach down the historical data of 5 or more than five years past, and it let the users see past backlink profiles and establish reports for users’ custom timeframes.
Fresh Index: This index only works with current data, and it automatically gets refreshed daily.
Let’s see the pricing.
- Firstly, it lets the newcomers run three free searches to help them decide if they want to purchase it or not.
- If you want to use it as a keyword checker tool, you can get it for API and PRO plans.
API : This is for agencies and developers who need a lot of power, $349/BDT 34,003 per month.
PRO : This is for SEO consultants and domain tracker, $99/BDT 8,436 per month.
- If you want to use the SEO toolkit, you have to invest $83/BDT 7,073 per month.
Compared to other tools, this one is expensive. If you have enough money to invest, only then would I suggest going for it. But in the context of Bangladesh, it doesn’t seem suitable.
This has been one of the most popular keyword research tools in the market, similar to SEMrush (we will know about it after this). This software gives away the keyword report in an expanded way, and it depends on the click-stream data to present new and different click metrics.
You can easily figure keyword ideas in simple language by easily typing a keyword into the box where the search option is available. It is quite popular among the content creators and bloggers of Europe and America.
There are some basic features.
- It can provide an extensive overview of SERP.
- The accuracy of the score of keyword difficulty is damn high.
- Almost 171 countries, including most of the countries of South Asia, support this tool.
- It enables you to replicate the acquirement of your competitors’ backlinks; quite cheeky.
- Go to Site Explorer > and then go to competing domain > see Top pages; by doing this, you can see your competitors’ pages with the most traffic.
Let’s talk about the pricing.
- Trial offer for 7 days and it costs only $7/BDT 596 per month.
- Lite package costs $99/BDT 8,436 per month.
- Standard version costs $179/BDT 15,254 per month.
- Advanced version costs $399/BDT 34,000 per month.
- And the Agency the most expensive one; $999/BDT 85,135 per month.
I think Lite and standard packages are reasonable and affordable for content creators in Bangladesh, and this is one of the top 3 best keyword tools, so investing in it won’t go waste.
When it comes to the complete package of SEO, then SEMrush is above all the keyword research tools. It can easily carry out its job; keyword research and give you like 8-10 specific keywords suggestions that your competitors use simultaneously. It helps you a lot to improve the ranking of your content in SEO.
There are some basic features –
- This tool provides the statistic of global CPC distribution.
- It has accessibility on the entire keyword research toolkit.
- It can show the accurate analysis of keyword difficulty.
- It shows the accurate organic insights of the traffic.
Let’s see the pricing.
- It gives a week of free trial service.
- Guru package: Perfect for growing agencies and market analysts; $229/BDT 19,515 per month.
- Pro package: It is for the newcomers in the market; $119/BDT 10,141 per month.
- Business package: This is for large agencies; $449/BDT 38,264.
There are other keyword research tools like SECockpit, Moz Keyword Explorer, Soovle, Jaaxy, etc. Still, these are the five biggest and popular tools you should know, and they give accurate results regardless of their budget.
As a Bangladeshi, many would like to use Google Keyword Planner because of the budget concern. Still, many established agencies in this country can use SEMrush or Ahrefs for thriving results.